In these uncertain times we just wanted to let you know that we are following industry guidelines as published by the National Electrical and Communications Association (NECA) to avoid the spread of COVID 19 (Coronavirus):
“A working group consisting of NECA, the Electrical Trades Union (ETU) and other unions and industry associations directly involved in the Building and Construction Industry, with the support of the Victorian State Government, has prepared a set of guidelines to help protect the industry and the wider community. These guidelines should be adhered to immediately and followed dutifully by all employers and employees.” – NECA
The guidelines include:
- Social distancing practices
- Increased personal hygiene (hand washing/sanitising, additional cleaning, …)
- Reduced length of meetings
- Cancelling or postponing events where workers may congregate in groups, e.g. training sessions
- Handling of confirmed or potential COVID 19 cases at work (if applicable)
- Other FAQs regarding COVID 19 work related issues
Easton Electrical has and will continue to follow guidelines from both the National Cabinet and Victorian State Government, which confirms that stage two restrictions do not apply to construction sites, plumbing and electrical services – as these are considered essential activities.
Please remember that we’re open for business, adhering to industry guidelines and are – as always – happy to help with your electrical projects!